1963 Sir Martin Frobisher
Sir Martin (1539 – 1594) Frobisher was an English seaman who made three voyages to find the Northwest Passage. All landed in northeastern Canada, around today's Resolution Island and Frobisher Bay.
The Frobisher commemorative stamp, designed by Philip Weiss was issued on August 21, 1963. Mr. Weiss based his image of Frobisher on a 1577 painting by Cornelis Ketel.
First Day Covers
Canada Post Office Announcement Cover
Canadian Post Office first day cover. The CPO used "Rosecraft" envelopes to announce the release of the Frobisher stamp. This announcement was mailed to Poland.
Domestic Forward Letter
Port Alberni to Guelph, September 7, 1963
5 cents forward letter rate + 20 cents registration fee
International Air Mail
Toronto to Digby, England, September 4, 1963
15 cents air mail letter rate
- 1. Canadian Domestic Letter Rates From 1868 to the Present Day
- 2. Canada Domestic Local Letter Rates : 1851 - 1968
- 3. United States Letter Rates: 1851 to the present day
- 4. United States Air Mail Letter Rates : 1927 - 1976
- 5. Canadian Domestic Air Mail Rates : 1928 - 1954
- 6. United Kingdom and Empire/Commonwealth Letter Rates : 1859 -1971
- 7. Air Mail Letter Rates to the United Kingdom
- 8. International (Universal Postal Union) Letter Rates : 1892 to the present
- 9. Reduced International Letter Rates : Mexico, Cuba, West Indies and Central America, France, South America, and Spain
- 10. Links to Other Posts Dealing with Canadian Postal Rates
- 11. Revamped Centennials