David M. Pritchard, Jr. Cachets
David M. Pritchard, Jr. designed first day cover cachets for U.S., Canadian, U.N., and other stamps issues, beginning in the mid 1960s and continuing into the 1980s. Mr. Pritchard's early cachets lack the professionalism seen in most commercial designs, and perhaps that is why I am so fond of them. Most of the early cachets were mimeographed with typewritten text and hand-coloured with pencils or markers.
He identified his cachets with his initials "DMP" and later with the "David "C" Cachets" logo:
1. Canadian issues
Pritchard's covers were produced from 1967 to 1976.
Centennial Commemorative Stamp and Definitives
These DMP cachets were mimeographed and hand coloured.
This cachet was completely hand-drawn.
U.S. Stamp Commemorating Canada's Centennial
Mimeographed and coloured with pencils
DMP and David "C" Cachets : 1970 -71These were mimeographed and coloured with pencils.
Enclosure in the Leacock first day cover
2. United Nations issuesUnited Nations covers were produced from 1969 to 1975.
3. U.S. issues
b) "Professional" Printing
- 1. Canadian Domestic Letter Rates From 1868 to the Present Day
- 2. Canada Domestic Local Letter Rates : 1851 - 1968
- 3. United States Letter Rates: 1851 to the present day
- 4. United States Air Mail Letter Rates : 1927 - 1976
- 5. Canadian Domestic Air Mail Rates : 1928 - 1954
- 6. United Kingdom and Empire/Commonwealth Letter Rates : 1859 -1971
- 7. Air Mail Letter Rates to the United Kingdom
- 8. International (Universal Postal Union) Letter Rates : 1892 to the present
- 9. Reduced International Letter Rates : Mexico, Cuba, West Indies and Central America, France, South America, and Spain
- 10. Links to Other Posts Dealing with Canadian Postal Rates
- 11. Revamped Centennials