Cornelius Krieghoff (1815 – 1872) , born in Amsterdam, was a popular 19th century painter of Canadian landscapes and Canadian life outdoors. A biography of Krieghoff and analysis of his place in Canadian art has been posted on the Dictionary of Canadian Biography Online website.
The stamp honouring Krieghoff, issued on November 29, 1972, reproduces one of the artist's best paintings, "The Blacksmith's Shop".
The Blacksmith's Shop
First Day Covers
Canada Envelope Company
"Broken Door Frame on Shed" variety
Canada Post Office Official First Day Cover
Ottawa (General) Tag
Canadian Bank Note
Downsview Sub. No.8 to Belleville, December 4, 1972
8 cents domestic letter rate + 50 cents registration fee
Air Mail Letter Rate to the U.S.
10 cents air mail letter rate to the U.S.
- 1. Canadian Domestic Letter Rates From 1868 to the Present Day
- 2. Canada Domestic Local Letter Rates : 1851 - 1968
- 3. United States Letter Rates: 1851 to the present day
- 4. United States Air Mail Letter Rates : 1927 - 1976
- 5. Canadian Domestic Air Mail Rates : 1928 - 1954
- 6. United Kingdom and Empire/Commonwealth Letter Rates : 1859 -1971
- 7. Air Mail Letter Rates to the United Kingdom
- 8. International (Universal Postal Union) Letter Rates : 1892 to the present
- 9. Reduced International Letter Rates : Mexico, Cuba, West Indies and Central America, France, South America, and Spain
- 10. Links to Other Posts Dealing with Canadian Postal Rates
- 11. Revamped Centennials