Rideau Ferry, Ontario, is located about 60 miles north of Kingston on the Rideau Canal Waterway. Rideau Ferry was first called Oliver's Ferry after John Oliver who had set up a ferry service across the Rideau Lake in 1816 for those travelling from Brockville or Kingston to Perth.
Oliver's Ferry, 1834
Ferry service ended in the 1870s, when a fixed bridge was built.
The Rideau Ferry bridge pictured above was replaced with a concrete high level (26 ft) bridge in 1968.
Rideau Ferry to Odessa, N.Y., July 27, 1938
- 1. Canadian Domestic Letter Rates From 1868 to the Present Day
- 2. Canada Domestic Local Letter Rates : 1851 - 1968
- 3. United States Letter Rates: 1851 to the present day
- 4. United States Air Mail Letter Rates : 1927 - 1976
- 5. Canadian Domestic Air Mail Rates : 1928 - 1954
- 6. United Kingdom and Empire/Commonwealth Letter Rates : 1859 -1971
- 7. Air Mail Letter Rates to the United Kingdom
- 8. International (Universal Postal Union) Letter Rates : 1892 to the present
- 9. Reduced International Letter Rates : Mexico, Cuba, West Indies and Central America, France, South America, and Spain
- 10. Links to Other Posts Dealing with Canadian Postal Rates
- 11. Revamped Centennials