Rideau Ferry, Ontario, is located about 60 miles north of Kingston on the Rideau Canal Waterway. Rideau Ferry was first called Oliver's Ferry after John Oliver who had set up a ferry service across the Rideau Lake in 1816 for those travelling from Brockville or Kingston to Perth.
Oliver's Ferry, 1834
Ferry service ended in the 1870s, when a fixed bridge was built.
The Rideau Ferry bridge pictured above was replaced with a concrete high level (26 ft) bridge in 1968.
Rideau Ferry to Odessa, N.Y., July 27, 1938