Canada Post Pictorial Cancels
Canada Post's 2007 Christmas stamp set consisted of a single secular stamp featuring a reindeer, and three stamps with religious images illustrating the themes Hope, Joy, and Peace. This post shows covers which received related pictorial cancels within one month of the issue of the stamps.
First Day Cover
Stamp issued November 1, 2007
The following covers received pictorial cancels which featured reindeer.
Altona, British Columbia
Red Deer. Alberta
Religious Imagery Stamps
First Day Cover
November 1, 2007
Since the angel on the stamp is shown blowing a horn, the Smithers, B.C. cancel showing a man blowing an alpine horn seemed appropriate as was the Marion Bridge, N.S. cancel featuring musical notes.
Smithers, British Columbia
Marion Bridge, Nova Scotia
An interesting selection of cancels related to the peace theme are shown. The Hampton, N.B., cancel shows a dove of peace and honours John Peters Humphrey, the Canadian diplomat who drafted the Universal Declaration on Human Rights. In 1995, the Pugwash conference, held in Pugwash, N.S., was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for its efforts on nuclear disarmament. The "Tree of Peace" is featured on the Ohsweken pictorial cancel. Ohsweken is a village on the Six Nations of the Grand River First Nation Indian Reserve near Brantford, Ontario.
Hampton, New Brunswick
Pugwash, Nova Scotia
Taylor, British Columbia
- 1. Canadian Domestic Letter Rates From 1868 to the Present Day
- 2. Canada Domestic Local Letter Rates : 1851 - 1968
- 3. United States Letter Rates: 1851 to the present day
- 4. United States Air Mail Letter Rates : 1927 - 1976
- 5. Canadian Domestic Air Mail Rates : 1928 - 1954
- 6. United Kingdom and Empire/Commonwealth Letter Rates : 1859 -1971
- 7. Air Mail Letter Rates to the United Kingdom
- 8. International (Universal Postal Union) Letter Rates : 1892 to the present
- 9. Reduced International Letter Rates : Mexico, Cuba, West Indies and Central America, France, South America, and Spain
- 10. Links to Other Posts Dealing with Canadian Postal Rates
- 11. Revamped Centennials