The Buffalo and Lake Huron Railway
The Buffalo and Lake Huron railway, incorporated in 1856, ran 160 miles from Goderich to Fort Erie. In 1870, the Grand Trunk Railway took over the B. and L.H.
(Source: The Handbook and Catalogue of Canadian Transportation Postmarks by T.P.G. Shaw)
The cover shown in this post features a B. and L.H. R. transit handstamp.
Kinkora to Dublin, November 22, 1862
6d. (12 1/2 cents) rate to Ireland via Canadian Ocean Steamer
Buffalo and Lake Huron Railway transit handstamp
"East November 24"
- 1. Canadian Domestic Letter Rates From 1868 to the Present Day
- 2. Canada Domestic Local Letter Rates : 1851 - 1968
- 3. United States Letter Rates: 1851 to the present day
- 4. United States Air Mail Letter Rates : 1927 - 1976
- 5. Canadian Domestic Air Mail Rates : 1928 - 1954
- 6. United Kingdom and Empire/Commonwealth Letter Rates : 1859 -1971
- 7. Air Mail Letter Rates to the United Kingdom
- 8. International (Universal Postal Union) Letter Rates : 1892 to the present
- 9. Reduced International Letter Rates : Mexico, Cuba, West Indies and Central America, France, South America, and Spain
- 10. Links to Other Posts Dealing with Canadian Postal Rates
- 11. Revamped Centennials