1844 - 1944
The Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) is a worldwide organization founded by George Williams on June 6, 1844 in London, England. This post shows souvenir covers created in 1944 to celebrate the YMCA's centennial.
In 1851, the first YMCA in North America was established in Montreal.
Montreal, June 6, 1944
Location of first YMCA
Soon after the Montreal YMCA was opened, the first YMCA in the United States was established in Boston in 1851.
Boston, June 6, 1944
- 1. Canadian Domestic Letter Rates From 1868 to the Present Day
- 2. Canada Domestic Local Letter Rates : 1851 - 1968
- 3. United States Letter Rates: 1851 to the present day
- 4. United States Air Mail Letter Rates : 1927 - 1976
- 5. Canadian Domestic Air Mail Rates : 1928 - 1954
- 6. United Kingdom and Empire/Commonwealth Letter Rates : 1859 -1971
- 7. Air Mail Letter Rates to the United Kingdom
- 8. International (Universal Postal Union) Letter Rates : 1892 to the present
- 9. Reduced International Letter Rates : Mexico, Cuba, West Indies and Central America, France, South America, and Spain
- 10. Links to Other Posts Dealing with Canadian Postal Rates
- 11. Revamped Centennials